Image Map

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Best of the Bunch: May 2017


I stress about various things -- bills, wedding planning, job woes, etc. -- on a weekly or daily basis. After reading Stephanie's post entitled, "Things That Used to be Important," I'm reminded that what worries me now may not always be a worry. I often look at my past self and wish some of her biggest concerns were all I had now.

My childhood was littered with garage sales. Mostly, I attended them. But every now and then, my family would decide to host one. Taylor described my experiences perfectly in "The Art of the Midwest Garage Sale."

Before I became a runner, I thought it was completely physical. I've since learned it's so much more than that. Holly spells it out in "Running isn't about athletic ability."

Summer is just around the corner (it doesn't officially start for a few more weeks, silly), and the nicer weather always makes me want to go out and do things. My wallet says, "No, girl. You are planning a wedding. You need to stay home." I don't always listen to my wallet, but I'll try to take advantage to some of Stephanie's advice on finding frugal ways to enjoy summer.

With two jobs and other obligations, I sometimes overbook myself. So I loved Angie's advice for ways to slow life down a little.

Last, but certainly not least, Jana tells us why we have to keep talking about mental health.

Happy reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover