Image Map

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Wine walk? Sign me up!

A few years ago, I attended Wine Fest at the art center. While there, I signed up for a mailing list for a local business that allows you to make your own wine. I intended to get there for one of their wine-making sessions, but in four years, I haven't made it yet. Oops.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. The business sent out an email advertising a wine walk. For just $30, we would get a walking tour of a distinct part of town, a wine tasting, and a bottle of wine. This was a no-brainer. And a perfect girls night to share with one of my best friends.

Here are some of the photos I took during the tour:






It's crazy to think all of these homes exist just minutes from busy downtown Des Moines. Each one had an interesting story and history as well. I learned a lot.

The wine part was tasty too. I enjoyed all six that we tried and chose the viognier for my souvenir.



The tour combined two things I love -- local history and wine. There was also some cheese. I really enjoyed and still want to get back there to make some of my own wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover