Image Map

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday Sweats: Hitting those two-a-days

If you've been paying attention to these posts, you'll notice I'm often doing two workouts a day. My workout buddy and I agreed to try this about a month ago. I wasn't sure I could or would stick with it, but so far, so good.



I really like doing the morning classes. It's an excellent way to start my day. It gives my brain time to wake up while pushing my body a little. And I've already accomplished something before my workday starts. That's a good feeling. Plus, if I do the morning and noon route, that leaves my evenings free for my second job or anything else I want to do.

The downside is packing a bag. I have to pack my work clothes and workout clothes (for the second sweat session) and all my shower stuff. Only once (so far) have I forgotten something important -- a bra. Yeah, so I had to wear a sports bra all day. Not my favorite thing.  Also, I pack so much that my bags can't handle it. I've already broken two -- one zipper and one shoulder strap. I'm on the search for a good sturdy bag if anyone has a recommendation.

Let's not even talk about the amount of laundry I have to do. I only have five sports bras. So, yeah, I have to wash workout clothes a few times a week. Maybe for my bachelorette party, I can have friends bring me sports bras instead of lingerie. Ha ha.  Alright, so I had to talk a bit about laundry. We'll leave the topic now.

I've also had to compromise a bit on my solo workouts. If I want to go to FitFusion in the evenings, I have to choose to skip the morning or noon workout. My trainer said she doesn't recommend more than 90 minutes of activity in a day for me. Same thing if I want to go for a run -- I have to give another workout up. And some days that's hard.

Working out at such frequency also makes it hard for me to take a day off. I feel better when I work out, so I want to keep doing it. But I know rest days are important too. So I force myself to take two rest days a week. I rarely get much more than that though.

Honestly though, I love this regimen. Especially since my classes are only 30 minutes each. That equals an hour of solid activity each day but it's in shorter segments, which makes it more bearable and keeps my attention and energy.

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off

Monday - Britt's Boot Camp (30 mins)

Tuesday - WOD Strength (30 mins) + Booty Camp (30 mins)

Wednesday - Strike (30 mins)

Thursday - Warrior Strength (30 mins) + Coaches' Call Core (15 mins)
Friday - Run (30 mins)
Saturday - Off

As always, be sure to check out Sunday Sweats posts from Holly and Christy.



1 comment:

  1. You would get a lot more use out of sports bra's than that lingerie! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover