Image Map

Thursday, July 27, 2017

This & That 7/27

:: I didn't intend to take a break from here. However, it was necessary. Anxiety and self-doubt hit me hard a few weeks ago, and I had to step back from a lot of things online for a little while.  The damaging thoughts in my head were only being compounded and strengthened by some of the things happening in my social media feed. And I didn't know how to write about what I was feeling without sounding ... I don't know ... needy? Over emotional? Or just annoying. Either way, I'm feeling a bit better and I'm working to find ways to work through my issues more productively.


:: My cat, Casey, got a lion cut a few weeks ago. It. Is. Adorable. Seriously. I smile every time I see her. Well, I did that before, but I feel like I do it even more now.
Bottom pic is before the cut. Top is after.


:: Last week, I celebrated my birthday. 37. Thirty-seven. Wow. I didn't do a big dinner or party this year. It's just too difficult to do that anymore. Instead, I engaged in smaller outings with separate groups of friends. That was a lot more enjoyable. And peaceful. And it stretched out the celebration even longer. Win.


:: I am going wedding dress shopping this weekend. I'm both excited and nervous. Excited because I will be surrounded by some of my favorite people and get to put on pretty dresses. Nervous because I am worried I won't like how I look in the dresses or won't find anything I like in my (low) price range. Sigh.


:: I bought myself four books last week. Now I just need to find time to read. Working on it.

 What's up with you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover