Image Map

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday Sweats: Comfort before challenge

A few weeks ago, Holly said something in one of her posts about comfortability. I'm not sure why, but it sure seemed to stick in my mind.

The other day, as I was on one of my own runs, that line came to me. It was a Saturday morning. I needed to get my run in before tackling the rest of the day. The first mile was rough, but after that, it got better. So good, I wanted to keep going. I found comfort for a little while in that run.

I want to strive for more of that feeling.

Sure, I want to challenge myself too. I want to get faster and go further. And I will. But I think my main goal needs to be in finding comfort.

It wasn't that long ago that running a 5K was easy. I can still do it, but I wouldn't say it's easy anymore. I need to work back to that.

It was only three years ago I was training for my first half-marathon. I ran four times a week (while working two jobs) and a five-miler wasn't that tough. I need to work back to that.

I have some work to do.

The more frequently I run, the more comfortable I will become in my running. I'm on track for that now -- doing three runs a week. I need to remember to be patient, consistent, and diligent in my training.



+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Off
Tuesday - Outdoor run (20 mins) + Weights workout (40 mins)
Wednesday - Group run (30 mins) + FitFusion (60 mins)
Thursday - Weights workout (45 mins)
Friday - Outdoor run (30 mins)
Saturday - Off





1 comment:

  1. I'm definitely in the same place right now - it isn't so much that I've fallen into a comfort zone, just that I haven't made running, which I love, a priority. I'm signed up for a fall marathon from deferring last year and I'd really like to get back into shape to run the Half. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover