Image Map

Thursday, September 28, 2017

This & That 9/28

:: It's officially fall, but I got the ball rolling a few weeks ago by decorating my mantle. I have a feeling I'm going to have fun with this feature in our home during various seasons and holidays.


:: I have a love/hate relationship with wedding forums. I've gotten a lot of good ideas and even a good deal on some tablecloths and votive candles. But there's also lots of judgment out there. Especially when someone brings up the subject of no kids at the wedding. Whenever someone asks how to word that preference on their web site or invite, there's always someone who says, "Why wouldn't you invite children? Children bring more joy to the celebration. Weddings are for families and children are part of the families." Sure, but it's not your wedding, Susan, so back off. (That poster's name isn't necessarily Susan ... it just sounded better with the tone of the voice in my head.)


:: I love my Mary Kay charcoal mask. Even if Sean says it makes me look like a luchador (Mexican wrestler).

:: I get to go sample wedding cake tomorrow. This. This is what we've been waiting for. I plan to write about it next week. Hopefully I'll remember to take some photos too.

What's up with you this week?


3 comments:

  1. LOL, in many ways it feels like everyone else's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could totally go for cake tasting right now! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't understand why people feel the need to tell couples how to do their wedding.

    I mean, I can't stand unsolicited advice anyway, but there are certain occasions when it's particularly stupid to do to someone.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover