Image Map

Thursday, September 7, 2017

This & That 9/7

:: A few weeks ago, Sean and I went to our first movie together. Yep. We've been together for almost a year and a half, and we had not yet been to a theater. I'm honestly just not much of a movie-goer. And our schedules are kind of weird, so sometimes, even if there's a movie we both want to see, we just never get there. Regardless, it was fun to watch one of his favorites, "The Princess Bride," with him. We even got souvenir pint glasses! I'm almost ashamed to admit this is the first time I've seen the movie all the way through. I've seen snippets before, but some of my friends' jokes make more sense now. Heh.


:: College football started last Saturday. Sean and I managed to find some tickets for the Iowa State vs. UNI game, so we headed up to Ames to cheer on our Cyclones (the only team we both like). We had a great day tailgating and then watching a victory!


:: On Monday, we went out to the lake with some friends and then got some projects done at our house. The landscaping out front was the big one. Or at least the most fun to share. (We also need a new toilet since one of ours has a leak and can't be repaired.) Adding pavers and mulch to the front was such a little thing but I think it makes a big difference.

:: Well, the above picture was how it looked for a few days. Two to be exact. Tuesday night, we heard loud noises and when we investigated, we found people taking down our patio fence. At 8:30 p.m. Kind of weird.  We were a little freaked out and not convinced that someone wasn't just casing the place to rob it. So we went to Wal-Mart at 9:15 p.m. to get some extra security measures. We had no idea this project was happening but apparently some people did (we found one neighbor to ask). Then the next evening, I came home after my workout and found they'd also pulled out the posts. So now our front looks like the photo below.  Sigh. The guy (who turned out to be the HOA guy I've never gotten ahold of) apologized for ruining it and said he would fix it. I also told him how I felt about the project happening without notification. I actually gave him an earful about the stress he's put us through with this. He has my contact info now and I have his.  Sigh. The joys of home ownership.


:: I'm trying to get back into eating better. The main factor in this is just planning things out. So I bought myself a fitness and food diary. I'm hoping it'll keep me organized and on track.

What's up with you this week?


2 comments:

  1. Wow. The HOA will make changes like that without notice? Rude. Glad you got to the bottom of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that HOAs are 100% the reason why we live in the middle of nowhere. They're the worst but I see why they have a benefit or two.
    College football has made the weekends so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover