Image Map

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday Sweats: Xtreme is here again

Xtreme Revolution is back!!!

Xtreme Revolution is an eight-week fitness program offered at my office. It includes intense workouts and nutritional guidance. This will be my third year participating, and I am really excited about it.

This photo was taken during last year's Xtreme Revolution session. The camaraderie and motivation are awesome.


The program starts tomorrow. We kick off by getting weighed and measured, and then we have a presentation about nutrition.

Workouts begin on Tuesday. Here's how each week of the program will look:


There are six class times each day -- 6:15 a.m., 6:45 a.m., 11:45 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 4:45 p.m. Each class is 30 minutes.

This year, we don't have to sign up for a specific time slot or go at the same time every day. Not that they ever really held anyone to that in the past. I'm going to be aiming to do the 6:15 class and one of the noon ones. Yep, I'm going to attempt two-a-days. I'm slightly concerned that the 6:15 class will be really full and then I'll have to wait for a shower, which won't really work since I need to be at my desk at 7 a.m. I have made it just fine for past 6:15 a.m. workouts, but those classes have been small. But ... I'm going to try the morning class and see if I can make it. If not, I'll do noon and afternoon (unless I have to work at my other job after work). If two classes a day get to be too repetitive for me, I think I'll try and complement the day's workout with solo effort -- running or doing my own bit of strength training, whichever is the opposite of the class focus that day. Either way, I really want to hit it hard these next eight weeks.

There are more than 200 people signed up this year, and we're divided into divisions and teams. I'm in Colby's Division on Team Cream of the Crop. My team captain has already reached out with a motivational email.  Here's how we'll earn points for our team:


I'm ready to get started and am looking forward to challenging myself over the next eight weeks. Wish me luck!

+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Off
Tuesday - Strength with a little cardio (35 mins)
Wednesday - Xtreme Cardio (30 mins)
Thursday - Barre with Britt (30 mins)
Friday - Flex Friday (30 mins)
Saturday - Circuit workout with Sean (35 mins)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover