Image Map

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sunday Sweats: Overcoming Xtreme disappointment

Xtreme Revolution is over. 

On Monday, we had our last workout. An email last week promised an easy one, but it certainly wasn't that light. It wasn't the toughest of the eight weeks, but it was no picnic.

On Tuesday, we did assessments, in which we did as many of each of the following things in a minute -- push-ups, sit-ups, x jumps, burpees, jump rope. Then we compared our numbers to the pre-Xtreme numbers. I lost my sheet from the start of Xtreme, so I have no idea if I actually improved. Admittedly, I wasn't feeling great the morning of assessments.  I had a massive headache which made jumping and sitting up quickly painful.

On Wednesday, we did our post-Xtreme measurements. I went in feeling like I probably made some progress but probably wouldn't have the huge results I had last year (I lost seven inches). I was wrong. And not in a good way. I went down one pound, lost half an inch in my hips, and a quarter inch in my thigh. But every other number went up, including my body fat percentage, my bicep, my waist ... EVERYTHING. I was so frustrated. I had worked hard for eight weeks, pushing myself through tough workouts and sometimes even doubling up. I wasn't perfect with my eating habits, but I didn't indulge too often. I pouted over the numbers for the rest of the day, skipping my planned afternoon workout and instead throwing myself a pity party.

On Thursday, I decided it was time to rebound. 

The workout I created for myself on Thursday.

Post-workout stats.
 

I decided I wasn't going to let bad numbers define me or stop me. I don't work out for the numbers on the scale or the measuring tape. I work out to challenge myself and get stronger, which I undoubtedly have. That workout above? I never would have attempted that on my own a year ago. Probably not even six months ago. The numbers may not show it, but I am definitely more fit than I was eight weeks ago, and I plan to continue that journey. 

Post-workout sweaty selfie.


+++++

Last week's workouts
Sunday - Off
Monday - Xtreme Cardio (30 mins)
Tuesday - Xtreme Assessments + Workout (30 mins)
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Cardio & Strength Circuit (40 mins)
Friday -Say HI (high impact) to the weekend (30 mins) + Flex Friday (30 mins)
Saturday - Off

+++++


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover